Aloo gobi is an Indian curry. Aloo means potato and Gobi means cauliflower. This dish has a prominient role in the movie Bend It Like Beckham. The DVD contains a featurette titled How to cook Aloo gobi.
- 750 g potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 big cauliflower cut into chunks
- 4-5 tomatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curcuma (turmeric)
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1-2 tablespoon ground chilli
- 2-4 tablespoon garam masala
- Roast the cauliflower and the potatoes in the Ghee.
- Add the spices (except garam masala) and the tomatoes.
- Cook in the tomato juice at low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala and lemon juice.